Tuesday, June 21, 2005

PUSHING THE ENVELOPE

I feel like I've pushed the envelope in each one of my Intrigues. As a new author, I figured I wouldn't be able to get away with anything. But in my very first Intrigue the hero watches his house blow up with his wife in it--he thinks, and then I switch to a secondary character's POV to show the hero's anguish.

In my 2nd Intrigue the hero calls a really nasty guy a 'son of a bitch' and my editor said 'we don't usually allow that but in this case I think it's appropriate.'

In SEEKING ASYLUM, coming out in August, my hero has to go undercover in a mental hospital and receive treatments and shock therapy.
Plus he's psychic. He's pretty darn messed up. I really thought that one would be nixed.

And... in the anthology coming out in November I got to use 'crap'!!!!(Geez, I sound like the writers of NYPD Blue, don't I?) And, I have an ambiguously gay sex scene from the villain's POV which is just this side of very explicit. I was really surprised it got to stay in. Probably because I never actually mention the sex of his partner, but it's pretty obvious from the descriptions. :)

Click on mallorykane.com to visit my web page.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:02 PM

    thanks for the infomation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:10 AM

    Have a good day, really cool.
    Look at my site [url=http://phentermine.alldating.org/phentermine.htm]phentermine[/url].
    Test http://phentermine.alldating.org/phentermine.htm phentermine cheap.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete