Saturday, June 04, 2005

thrilled to be here

I'm thrilled to join the Intrigue authors at our new blog. I've been writing for Intrigue since the early 90's. And for the past three years I've been writing single titles for Berkley. When I first started my career, I wrote straight romances. But I wanted more action and adventure in the stories I was writing, so I switched to romantic suspense--and found my real career. I love writing stories about a man and a woman falling in love against a background of danger and suspense, where the risks are high and one false move means the end of their love--and their lives.

I also love adding paranormal elements to my stories. Early on, I wrote what I called "stealth paranormals" for Intrigue--where the reader couldn't tell that the hero was, for example, a 1,500-year-old space alien until way into the story. Now Intrigue lets me come right out with the shocking revelations. So in SPELLBOUND, my February Intrigue, you find out pretty quickly that my hero is suffering under a voodoo curse that . . . Hum, maybe I'd better not tell you, in case you haven't read the book.

Rebecca York (aka Ruth Glick)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:17 AM

    Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
    If you have a moment, please visit my adventure outdoors inc. site.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete